What I Had For Lunch - Tuesday 1/13

purpleshoes
User offline. Last seen 2 years 40 weeks ago.

I am having white bean tempeh mini burgers, macaroni and cheese (from a box! I am not in the diet challenge) and bok choy stirfried with onions, sesame chili oil, and chunks of granny smith apple. And probably a tangerine and a juice spritzer.

I'm using my 700-ml stainless steel bento box, so I heated it up in a toaster oven that I'm not supposed to have in my office. So far three people have asked me what I'm up to that smells so good. I'm fine so long as I hide the toaster again when I'm done!

Come on, other camera-less, blog-less bento makers! What did you eat on Day 1?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Eleven Clovers
Bento-ing from: Warsaw › Poland
User offline. Last seen 5 years 33 weeks ago.
Re: What I Had For Lunch - Tuesday 1/13

Hee, oh alright.

My Day 1 was Monday 12th and I had...
White rice (we eat jasmine rice in my house) with tarako furikake, pork stir fry, several tofu cubes in a tomato-garlicky sauce, cucumber matchsticks and blanched... uh, some sort of leafy veg, I'm not sure what it was, but it tasted good (and very sweet, strangely enough). For snack I had some satsumas and jammy cookies, and a ham and lettuce sandwich (no sandwich can be decent tasting without lettuce!); quite a lot, because I had to stay behind late for rehearsals.

Day 2 - Tuesday 13th
Rice with furikake, pork stewed with 'cha com' in oyster sauce, red pepper pieces, and a kohlrabi/celery stir fry. Some more tangerines to go with that. Mmmm is it possible to eat too many of those than good for your health?
Oh, and 'cha com' is this Vietnamese thing. Supposedly 'cha' translates as 'sausage', but the stuff I have seems to be more like a fried square burger of sorts, made of 'pounded' meat and 'com' (Translated as 'young rice' whatever that is. To me it's just green rice). It's really yummy and rather sticky to eat (because of the young rice) ^_^

I'll try to get some photos up, but I can't seem to upload my photos onto Flickr. Maybe I'll switch to my Photobucket account (but then I can't join the Flickr group pool :S)

"A common way to tell if it is well cooked is to throw the sausage onto a hard surface; if it bounces, the sausage is good."

My bento photos w/ detail and my blog.

Courtney
Bento-ing from: London › UK
User offline. Last seen 5 years 34 weeks ago.

I started yesterday as well. I broke my "no food that needs microwaving" rule on my very first try since I had leftover fish curry from the weekend and there was no way I was going to eat that cold. :( I also had brown rice, some chopped romaine lettuce with sliced cucumber and a kiwi.

Today I had a half a whole wheat pita, a vegetarian stuffed vine leaf, hummus, chopped romaine lettuce, some baked beans leftover from the weekend and orange wedges.

I really struggled to pull a decent lunch together this morning since my boyfriend was over last night so I didn't plan as well as I could have. OK. I didn't plan AT ALL. Oops! :) Tonight I am back on track and have marinated some tofu which is baking right now.

annenayne
Bento-ing from: › California › USA
User offline. Last seen 5 years 25 weeks ago.

I'm hoping to meet the "post the pictures that you took" part of documenting my bentos, it's my biggest challenge. ^_^

I didn't actually take a picture of yesterday's bento, though, because it was pretty plain looking: Homemade seitan-(instead of beef)-and-broccoli (2/3), brown rice (1/3) in a single-tier bento.

LadyNai
User offline. Last seen 5 years 30 weeks ago.

Bento today:

Onigiril with chicken and bacon in it.
Turkey Hot dogs
ghiradelli chocolate (Peppermint bark)
california clementine

Need to be FAR healthier with this

Nai

"Some people are driven by the wind, some are driven by their madness, but I'm driven by the man who had nails driven in his hands..."

-- 2nd Chapter of Acts, "Source of Light"

mirthful
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago.
LadyNai wrote:

Bento today:

Onigiril with chicken and bacon in it.

Oooh. That sounds nice...

Anyway, I agree with the "posting the pictures I took" being the greatest challenge. Though mine are hardly japanese bentos in any way at the moment. But, anyhoo:

Tuesday I had Quesadillas with brown beans and corn, left-overs from Monday's dinner. And some green salad.

Hardly bentoish, but packed in a bentoish box :)

www.sandlund.no

red_the_opinionated
User offline. Last seen 5 years 16 weeks ago.

Mmmm...I need to get more greens in mine. Once I discovered the joy of baby bok choy with garlic, sesame oil and a dash of soy, I lived off of it for days.

Day 1 - White rice, soy sauce egg, okonomiyaki, mini-burgers, nori strips, pickled lemon cukes, green beans, bell peppers and miso.

Day 2 - Brown Rice, homemade veggie chorizo, pickled cukes and onions, and some sport peppers.

http://charity-brock.livejournal.com/

ibii
User offline. Last seen 5 years 5 weeks ago.

my lunch 1/13/09

- chestnut rice that's been in the freezer for a while ...
- tamagoyaki
- shrimp
- maki's carrot kinpira
- broccoli

andy's lunch 1/13/09

I was also able to make my bf a lunch as well thanks to pre-planning and cutting up my veggies the night before. woot!

mirthful
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago.

A picture (!)

090113 bento

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.

New forum activity since your last visit

TitleAuthorAnswersLast Postsort icon
Sesame salad dressing Supertaster91 year 7 weeks ago
Authentic paella? maki101 year 8 weeks ago
IMPORTANT: If you have a blog on JustBento... maki21 year 11 weeks ago
Shiso - uses for this herb Loretta01 year 13 weeks ago
Fuki (Japanese Butterbur) Tsukemono Recipes kumo51 year 13 weeks ago