About rice cookers

A heads up just in case you read Just Bento but not Just Hungry, you may be interested in the new post up there, Answering some rice cooker questions.

Follow and Like our Facebook Page! And visit our sister site, Just Hungry

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: About rice cookers

I was recently given a clay pot with an inverted spout in the bottom of the pot and small drainage holes around it, the lid has a steam hole, and the pot has handles that are wrapped with twin to make a handle.

I am just wondering what sort of pot is this? I think it is for some form of cooking; but I am not sure.

Re: About rice cookers

It sounds like a tajine pot. Been looking for one for ages!! It cooks Moroccan style stews etc and apparently provides unbelievable flavour due to the style of cooking.

Re: About rice cookers

Hmm, I am not sure about the Tagine as I have one and the whole point is that steam does not escape (almost like a pressure cooker) also the funnel is in the lid rather than the bottom section which is a fairly shallow flat bowl. Could this be some kind of shabu-shabu pot? I have seen metal versions of these with a vented lid and inverted funnels coming up from the centre of the base.

Just a thought.

Re: About rice cookers

maybe it's a donabe

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.