Menu For Hope VI: Just Bento Offers A Bento Goodies Package Plus
Menu for Hope is an annual fundraising campaign in which food bloggers and their friends around the world participate, that takes place around this time of year. It was originated and is still hosted by Pim of Chez Pim, and this year's host for the Europe region is David Lebovitz (you can check out the complete list of Menu For Hope offerings from European bloggers here).
Once again, this year's Menu For Hope will raise funds for the United Nations World Food Programme, an organization that is close to my heart (as you can see from the link on every single page of this site). You can read more about Menu For Hope itself on Chez Pim's Menu For Hope VI page.
Once again, Just Bento is offering a great package for your bidding pleasure, which any bento fan should love!
Just Bento offers a box of bento boxes and accessories, plus The Book!
Bid Item Number: EU-26 (note that down!)
Early next year, I'll be spending several months in Japan. I'll be there for the photo shoot for my bento book, but mainly I'll be spending lots of time with my family and friends. Anyway, you get to take advantage of this by charging me with selecting a package of bento-related items for you, with a monetary value of a minimum of US $100 (in Japanese prices, of course).
How this is 'spent' is up to you. Go for all the cheap and cheerful bento cutters, cups, baran and other accessories your heart desires, or select one special wooden bento box. I'll consult you before I put together the package, though the final selection will be up to me.
Plus: The winner will also get a signed copy of my upcoming book, The Just Bento Cookbook, when it comes out in mid-2010, hot off the presses! Read more about the book here.
A few caveats and so on
- The package will be sent to you by the beginning of April 2010. The book will be sent separately, when it's published later in 2010.
- No food can be included in this package. (If you're interested in edibles from Japan, consider bidding on the Japanese edibles package offered by Just Hungry (item no. EU-25)!
- I'll pay the shipping costs of course, but any customs charges must be paid by the recipient.
- The package will be shipped to you by airmail.
- The package can be shipped worldwide -- since no edibles will be included, it should be ok for any country.
How to bid
- Please note the bid item number for this package: EU-26. (You can of course bid on other items offered - check the list on the Menu For Hope main page).
- Go to the Firstgiving Menu For Hope page. (Update: If for some reason you are having trouble with the Firstgiving site, there is also a Menu For Hope donation form.)
- Please specify which bid item you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. You must write in how many tickets per bid item. Please use the bid item code!
- Each $10 you donate will give you one raffle ticket toward a bid item of your choice. For example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for EU-25 and 3 tickets for EU-26, or 1 ticket each for EU-04, EU-10, and so on.
- If your company matches your charity donation, please check the box and fill in the information so that the corporate match can be claimed.
- Please check the box to allow us to see your email address so that you can be contacted if you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
Note that the bidding takes place between December 14th and December 25th. The winner will be announced on Chez Pim on January 18th. I'll also announce the winner here on this site, at which time he or she should contact me.
So, there you go! Donate to a great cause, for a chance to win a box bento goodies, plus a book to help you use them!
If you enjoyed this article, please consider supporting this site by becoming my patron via Patreon.